playable again with a few problems

Eric McDonald mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu
Sun May 16 18:38:00 GMT 2004

Jim Kingdon wrote:

>>The idea is that game designer could build some "extra slack" into a
>>unit's range in case it ran into obstacles on its return journey, or
>>whatever.
>

> Right.  That was my rationale for the enclosed change.  Although it
> was especially with the AI in mind, it seems logical for the human
> player as well.  Before this change, I usually would turn back my
> fighters after 8 hexes rather than 9 manually.

OK. But Tom reported that they are going out to 10 before hitting a
SupplyLow condition, which might mean that the halfway point calculation
is wrong. I looked at it last night, because I got a snaeking suspicion
that maybe it was using the complement of the percentage rather than the
percentage, but the calculation looks right. I guess I will have to
follow things in the debugger, since it would now seem that something is
actually wrong here.

Eric