Re: pathfinding refueling

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Garrone <pgarrone@acay.com.au> writes:
Peter>
Peter> But none of the units in bellum use more than one sort of fuel.

Eh?  *Every* unit in bellum uses a fuel and "command and control" points to
perform movement.  They *both* constrain the maximum possible distance that
a unit can move.

And from my experiences with bellum, "c" is a bigger constraint than fuel
for non-aircraft units.  My "clickathons" are due to "c" rather than "f1"
or "f2".

When I send units across the map, there is NOTHING more irritating than it
stopping because it ran out of "c" along the way to ask me what to do.  I
still want the #$@!!$! unit to move across the map to same place that I
told it to move to earlier.

I only want units to stop if they are low on something that will kill
them.  That's fuel for aircraft as well as the "s" for everything else.  If
they run out of something else along the way, they can wait for me to
establish a supply line hopefully without forgetting the original mission.

That's what happens when real military units run out of fuel; you continue
with the previous mission unless you've been told differently.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above