Re: Pokemon-like Project for xconq framework

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 04:19, klaus schilling wrote:
> There are two sides in the game, that of Professor Oak (human-controlled)
> and that of the Team Rocket (ai-controlled).
> Besides the Pokemon-monsters, there are a few singleton mobile units:
> the Pokemon trainers of both parties. They are created at the beginning
> of the match and can't be build by player or ai commands.
> The aim of the game is for the human player to locate and
> then destroy the Headquarter of Team Rocket,
> which is a unique immobile unit created at game start.
> Team Rocket wins once they research the doomsday technology.
> i.e. assymetric goals.

That should be possible; I think that some of the Napoleonic modules do
this (although the AI doesn't understand any of them).

> Each Pokemon type may have a variety of attacks at disposal.
> Most of them have to be researched at the headquarters.
> Each Pokemon type has the following statistics:
> - agility
> - physical strength
> - special strength
> - physical resistance
> - special resistance
> - accuracy
> - hitpoints
>
> Several artifacts are available.
> they have to be located and brought to the headquarter of each party,
> where they increase the stats of all pokemons,
> or do other goodies to the owner.

Depends on what exactly they do and how they affect the units.  See
3rd-age.g, cave2.g, and fantasy.g for some examples of how such things
might be implemented.

> Each pokemon type belongs to one or several elemental class.
> Each attack type belongs to one elemental class.
> The efficiency of an attack usually depends on the elemental
> calls of the attack and the victim, e.g. fire is quite efficient
> against wood, but pretty inefficient against water etc.
> Various attacks also require different amount of move points,
> depending on the pokemon type.
> Attacks of certain elemental types are empowered by physical strength
> against physical resistance,
> the others by special strength against special resistance

See bolodd2.g; it does such things extensively.  When I wrote it, I
defined certain units to have elemental types, and later used those
types to produce effects like those you describe

> Some Pokemons may teleport themselves.

Not sure; you might be able to allow them to move more than one cell per
move action, but I don't think anyone has tried to implement that.  That
code could easily have undiscovered bugs.

> New Pokemons are recruited by each party in training camps.
> The available pokemons depend on researched technology
> and the terrain type.

Technology is simple enough; postmodern.g is a good example of how to
use it.  I'm not sure about terrain type, although if the camps are
advanced units, you could set up the terrain types to produce materials
that are not found anywhere else.  This is used in advances.g and
3rd-age.g.

> Buildin types that are foreseen:
> -Headquarter: A prebuilt unit  for each party.

Use the start-with property to determine which units a side starts
with.  Units that have start-with set to 1 or higher but are restricted
to specific sides are only given to allowed sides.

> 	      Technologies are researched here.

See above.

> 	      Pokenurses are trained.
>	        Trainers are trained. (Team Rocket only)

Could training be considered part of the build process for pokenurses
and trainers?  If so, it probably does not need to be considered.

> -Pokemon Centres: Pokemons are healed slowly when stationed here.
> 	 are built by Pokenurses (named "Joy" in the anime).
> 	 Pokenurses are generated in the headquarters

You can use auto-repair to heal pokemons in a pokemon centre.  I'm not
sure how you would make construction dependent on the presence of a
pokenurse (maybe with acp-occupant-effect?).

> -Camps: Raising of new Pokemons. Built by a trainer.

You could probably make this work the same way colonizers work in
advances.g.

> -Factory: Pokeballs are produced

You might try something similar to empire.g; a factory produces
pokeballs (but cannot do anything else) and then sends them to other
places up to n cells away.

> Materials foreseen:
> -Pokeballs: Pokecamps consume them for recruiting new Pokemons
> 	    Produced in Camps..

You could make them required for recruiting pokemons by using
material-to-create and consumption-per-build.

> -Medications: Pokecentres consume it for healing Pokemons.
>        Produced by certain Pokemon types in Pokecentres.

I think that bellum.g does this somehow, but I haven't explored how it
works.

> How much of this will be possible in Xconq 7.5?

Most of it should be possible.  The only things I'm unsure about are
teleportation and scoring.