Re: Cannot do anything in water

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 15:24, Hans Ronne wrote:
> >That's not what I've observed.  I've often found that if the cell I tell
> >it to build in is illegal (e.g. try to build a city in the water), but
> >it can build in a nearby legal cell without moving (the cell is within
> >its create-range), it will build in that alternate location instead.
> >And it never asks if that is what I want to do.
>
> That's what I meant. The computer should never do that. If you try to do
> something which is not permitted, it should just beep at you. So this is
> definitely a bug.

True, but at the time, my game was set up so that one *could* build
stuff on water cells (and those units would not instantly vanish or
wreck).  This was so that, although most units cannot cross bodies of
water on their own, many could build simple boats to carry them across.

I think that this means that there are, in fact, two or more bugs at
work here.

Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>