Re: Cannot build Xconq on Debian Linux

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> > TCL_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/tcl8.2
> > TK_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/tk8.2

Sure. But these should have been picked up from your tclConfig.sh
and tkConfig.sh files. Since they weren't, I would be quite
interested to see where your particular Debian version hides them
in these files.

> 50c50,51
> < XAW_LIB = -lXaw -lXt $(X11_LIB) -lXext -lm
> ---
> > # XAW_LIB = -lXaw -lXt $(X11_LIB) -lXext -lm
> > XAW_LIB = -lXt $(X11_LIB) -lXext -lm

Hmm... Probably this would break the xtconq build. But for the
purposes of building x2imf and imf2x this is fine, since they
don't rely on MIT's Athena widgets, AFAIK.

> This, of course, may not work on non-Debian systems.

Yeah, and hacking an autogenerated makefile by hand is not really
a fix, _in the configury sense of the word. I would like to get my
hands on your tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh files, so that we can
autogenerate the correct thing.

> accessible without a laptop.  You could try the Zephyr Cafe (at 3643
> Balboa Street, near 38th Avenue); I seem to remember that they offer

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. I'll have to look at my maps to
see if it is within walking distance of either the Moscone Center
or the hotel where I am staying....