Re: Build List Limits and Hotseat

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 14:18, Elijah Meeks wrote:
> > Uhhh...what's a "hotseat" mode?
> >

> A multi-player sequential game where the game is
> played on the same computer, with each player taking
> turns controlling his own units.

I'm not aware of any support in Xconq for this kind of play.  Although I
would imagine that, at least on Linux, if you have a desktop environment
and/or window manager that supports virtual desktops, you could put each
player's respective window(s) on a different desktop.  Of course, there
is no security in such a setup.

If you really want to do this, and you want security, I'd imagine that
the best solution would be for the screen to go blank when one player's
turn ends, a message pops up saying whose turn it is and asks for that
player's password.  When the correct password is entered, the
appropriate player's view would appear.

Yet another entry for the TODO file, I guess...