Re: Build List Limits and Hotseat

> Theoretically, Xconq can do all of this with one
> unit (I think the Game
> Design Manual uses dragons of different age
> categories as an example).
> However, I don't know if it has been used, let alone
> works, in practice.

This seems to be the best solution given what I know
about game design in Xconq, as it provides more
latitude with the graphics, naming and capability of
such units with the only drawback being an unusually
large unit list.

> It seems like it would be simple enough to make the
> tcltk interface show
> a checkbox that restricts the "Build" panel to only
> show available
> units, but I don't know.  GTK+ with Glade and Visual
> Basic's Design view
> are the only GUI libraries I'm familiar with.

I also don't know but I would think this would be
relatively simple.  I don't see any reason for the
build list to ever contain every possible unit that
can be built by every possible unit, you've got the
Designer for that.

> > Also, does Xconq have a hotseat mode?
>
> Uhhh...what's a "hotseat" mode?

A multi-player sequential game where the game is
played on the same computer, with each player taking
turns controlling his own units.