Re: UI proposal

Hi Lincoln, others,

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Peter Garrone wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 11:11:13PM -0800, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> > I've been looking at the tcltk and SDL interfaces and thinking about
> > some of the suggestions for the Xconq UI.  Then I fired up Glade (the
> > GTK+ UI designer) and tried to figure out what the interface should look
> > like.
>
> Good idea. So long as it isnt interpreted. gtk is available for windows
> as well, though not for cygwin.
>  peter.

Yes. I have built a number of GTK apps, but never actually looked
into it much. I will do so this weekend. We should, however, keep
in mind that the Mac is one of Xconq's target platforms. Perhaps
GTK already comes with MacOS X (and could almost certianly be
built for it), but I haven't checked to see about the options for
the MacOS 8 and MacOS 9 families. Of course, if Hans and Stan were
content to just maintain a seperate MacOS GUI, then this is moot.