Re: New combat model: d20? (was: Re: Marketing Xconq)

I think it'd be great to get the d20 system in as
well, because of the familiarity would attract
developers and that's always a good thing.  A system
like this would also allow us to integrate items that
improve Attack and such, which everyone who's
role-played is familiar with (+3 Chainmail, +2
Longsword) but in the cases of wargames would be
things like Tungsten or Chemical Munitions or
Camoflage.

I seem to be mentioning Cast Iron Life all the time
now, but the combat system we were proposing is a good
wargaming solution, and there'd definitely be no legal
issues around it:

http://castironlife.sourceforge.net/combat/combat3.html

(The mechanics for hit determination are just the
"Combat Phase" portion, the rest of it relates to a
seperate tactical combat engine that, while it'd be
great to see it in Xconq, would be an even bigger
project)