Re: Xconq Packaging (was Re: Major improvement to the Xconq kernel)

Hi Chris ("Skeezics"),

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Skeezics Boondoggle wrote:

> <raises hand>
>
> I guess that's me?

Yep. You're who I had in mind.

>Should I drink a few too many beers and demand that
> any other closeted Solaris users reveal themselves? :-]

;-)

> Of course, I use RPM to build open source stuff on Solaris, instead of the

IIRC, you also mentioned things about not liking some of the
datadir, etc... choices in the makefile templates. I changed some
of that a while back ago; happier now?

> native packaging tools... I *hate* the stupid /opt thing,

You too? :-)

> interested in a Solaris build I could create a relocatable package and
> offer that.

That would be cool.

> Oh!  And remember I'd reported a strange crash a while back that I just
> couldn't figure out?

I would have to plumb the archives for that one, because I don't
remember....

>I deleted my .xconq/prefs.xcq and haven't had a
> problem since.  Hmmm.

> Here's the bogus one:

I'll take a look if I get a chance. Maybe Hans or someone else
will immediately see what the problem was....

> I look forward to doing another CVS snapshot build when things settle out
> a bit.  If another Solaris user chimes in with an interest in a pre-built
> package once the eagerly anticipated 7.5.0 release is ready, I volunteer
> to maintain it.

Thanks!

  Regards,