Hex (hic!) menu interface?

The following is brought to you by Gulden Draak, a fine Belgian beer.
Or two.  At 10.5% ABV, that's all it takes!

Ok, I propose a hex menu interface, a "right click" paradigm.  Instead
of all this screwing around with mousing over to some static icon real
estate, you right click wherever your mouse is currently at.  Up pops a
hex with radius of either 2 or 3, embodying either 7 or 19 selection
icons.  It is centered at your cursor so that movement to a selection is
minimal.  I *hate* having to be coordinated with conventional
rectangular popup menus.  My way is RISC, my way is KEWL.  I'm not sure
how one gets this done in 2D.  I know how I'd get it done in 3D, so if
necessary that's where I'll go.  PURE RECTANGLE ON THE MOVE!

By "propose" I mean I'm gonna build it.  I'm asking you if you think
it's good or see problems with it, not asking you to implement it for
me.

So, whaddya think?  And you'd better *FUCKIN* respond this time.  I'm
sick to *FUCKIN' DEATH* of you guys ignoring my posts.  If you want to
ignore me and have me go away so I don't trouble your Linux / Mac asses
anymore, JUST FUCKIN' SAY SO.  I'll be GONE.  I don't mean this as
hostility, but you guys are UNRESPONSIVE to a lot of stuff and it
IRRITATES ME.

Yaaah, how the hell do you think *THIS GUY* spent his Friday night??
And I mean *spent*, damn, the stories I could tell you about debt...

Cheers!                     www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.