Re:MSVC build environment?

Brandon J. Van Every writes:
 > Ok, using the CVS web interface to look at INSTALL-win, I see a section
 > on "Building Xconq using MS Visual C++" with a lot of ... blank lines.
 > Also there are no MSVC project files anywhere in the source tree as far
 > as I can tell, and as far as you seem to say.  So who is really doing
 > this?  Is building under MSVC a reality, or a claim?

I have actually built xconq with VC6 introductory edition, but I
didn't reinstall it after the last OS reinstall (and before I did
finish the description). It is actually quite simple:

 - create a new project

 - add all relevant .c and .h files to the project, that is all from
   kernel and tcltk except the files for other platforms and the image
   test app mains

 - add include paths until it preprocesses (I think it needs bitmaps,
   kernel, and the headers from the Tcl/Tk distribution)

 - fix all compile errors (should mostly be fixed, but the occasional
   missing define/struct/function might have crept back in, because
   the VC libc is slightly different from *nix and Code Warrior)

 - add libraries until it links (it needs most of the standard stuff
   and - of course - Tcl/Tk libraries)

 - fiddle with the Tcl and Tk library path until it runs

 - write up a nice description for the INSTALL-win document:-)

I don't know how dificult it is with VS.net.

Regards,

	jr