Re: Xconq bug fixes + binaries

>On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 09:05:02PM +0200, Hans Ronne wrote:
>> I have cheked in a large number of kernel bug fixes, mostly in the material
>> handling code. For details, see the ChangeLog. Peter Garrone's material
>> capacity display code has also been added to the tcltk interface.
>
> Before application, some "improvements" were made to my code,
> without my consultation, but attributing the results to me.
>
> I cannot take any responsibility for the results.
>
> I am sure it is well meant. But this is the second time that this has
> occurred, and it is annoying.

There were a number of problems with your first submitted code, such as
incorrect handling advanced units, no support for side treasuries, and a
failure to update the material display beyond turn 1. I took the trouble to
fix these bugs and also added some features, such as the display of
material icons in the list, since we need more Xconq hackers and I thought
your contribution was useful.

A bug affecting production values did sneak in when I added support for
advanced units (as you noted) but it has now been fixed.

As for your second patch, I already explained twice why "infinite"
capacities do not exist and why your code had to be changed in that
respect. Other changes were prompted by changes in the treasury code, which
I checked in at the same time. There were also some other fixes. For
example, I substituted a call to base_production instead of the raw
um_base_production value since it handles the production of occupants
correctly.

Finally, the code was edited to conform with the Xconq coding standards (as
set by Stan). If some parts of the code avoid using brackets and some parts
always use them, the code becomes difficult to read.

I encourage you to submit more patches, since you are a talented coder with
some new ideas for how to improve Xconq. However, you will have to accept
that patches are checked and bugs are fixed before inclusion, particularly
this close to a release. It is also important that new features work as
expected with all game modules, not just with one or two of them.