Re: Bugs in Bellum Aeternum

Hi Lincoln,

On 21 Sep 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> 1. If a unit that is restricted to clear terrain (e.g. armor, engineers)
> tries to move from a road on such a restricted area area into another
> unit (e.g. sea transport in neighboring coastal waters), it vanishes!
> Perhaps you should should use vanishes-on more carefully (i.e.

I believe that in the latest version of Bellum, I have essentially
disabled that table. Were you able to retrieve a recent CVS
snapshot, or are you still having CVS problems?

> mountain and forest).  Perhaps you should use mp-to-leave-terrain to
> prevent this (it might also fix bug #1).

Good thought. I will look into it.

> 3. I think you should set the capacity of towns to something greater
> than 2.  Currently, if a town has one unit as a garrison and one under
> construction, it is impossible for any other units (except aircraft) to
> pass through!

OK, I will consider your suggestion.

In general, how does the game feel? Is the production model
"too different"? Do units seem to have the correct number of moves
per turn? Are there too many unit types? Is the game fun when
played against a human opponent(s)? Etc, etc...?

  Thanks for the feedback,