Re: tk-xconq font sizes

On 2003.09.19 12:23 Eric McDonald wrote:
Hi Thomas,

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Thomas J. Moore wrote:

> Since so many entity sizes are fixed-sized using pixel-sizes, why are the
> fonts fixed-sized in point sizes?  On my 128dpi X display, the interface

I'll let Hans give you real answers to your questions and
concerns, since he has done all the font work in recent memory.
However, if the text overruns are bothering you as much as they
bother me, you can turn off unit names in the game preferences.
When you place your cursor over the unit, you will still be able
to get its name in the little info panel.

Well, I know the labels can be turned off, but what really bothers me is the text overruns on the startup dialogs, and any selection lists, like the unit list on the right, and the fact that I have to resize the exit dialogs to read the message and get to the buttons.

  Thomas J. Moore, Hacker/SysAdmin | TV & video games have destroyed my mind
  inet:  dark@mama.indstate.edu    | unix ada asm c/c++ mcu ee amiga tired