Re: HTML Documentation

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Hans Ronne wrote:

> You could probably model this on the tcltk research dialog, which I just
> gave a major overhaul. It would not always pop to front when user input was
> required, but this has now been fixed. I had to use a customized
> WM_DELETE_WINDOW protocol to get it to work as expected, though.

OK, thanks for the pointer. Don't know whether I'll have time before 7.5
though.

> BTW, the Mac interface has a unit list that lists all visible units, not
> just the unit types. Kind of a multiple unit info box. Of course, this
> requires a separate window. You can click on a unit in the list and the map
> will jump to it. Perhaps something to consider for the tcltk interface as
> well? Post-7.5, of course.

I suppose that it would be nice to finish polishing the Tcl/Tk interface in
the post-7.5 world. But, I hope that I will be able to migrate over
to SDL development at some point in the next cycle. Developing/debugging
with Tcl/Tk is somewhat of a pain because of the continuous hopping back
and forth between C code and the Tcl interpreter....

  Thanks,