Re: Occupant Combat, Redux

>yep but there's somehow a lack of consistency between an attack in open
>field (i attack with a bomber a hex filled up to the brim with units,
>    and my bombs hit only 1 unit) and one onto a place (where all units
>      get hit..)

>> You could add it separately, so that xconq still
>> recognizes and handles "occupant" and "transport"
>> relationship as it does now, while we can add a
>> "resident" and "dwelling" relationship which would be
>> subject to the revised system.  This way we can keep
>> the old occupant-transport rules, which are suitable
>> in many cases, and utilize a more realistic system for
>> units in a place.
>i can only and absolutely second this !! coming to combat, cities should
>be regarded more as a type of terrain than as a unit.

This is how combat model 1 works. The attacker is pitted against one
defender at a time, and has to defeat all of them in order to capture the
city. The city is in a way reduced to a battle field (just as in Civ).

This kind of scheme suffers from the opposite problem, however: it is very
difficult to capture and adequately defended city.