Re: emblem drawing glitches on linux

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 12:42:45AM +0200, Hans Ronne wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand the problem you describe, though. Do
> you mean that you see emblems without units being drawn? That
> would be strange indeed, unless you have turned on "View
> People" or "View Control", both of which use emblems without
> units to denote borders. OTOH, if you are talking

Yes the emblems appear without units. View People and View
Control are both off, but the extra emblems are appearing in
border cells.  See my long turn by turn description in another
mail.

> about unit-associated emblems, they should always be drawn,
> whether the unit is active or not.

Unit enblems are ok.

> A possible complication if you are using linux is that you
> have two versions of xconq: an obsolete installed version and
> a current CVS version.  Even if you build and run the CVS
> version, it may still use the installed libraries and tcl
> scripts if that is where XCONQLIB points on your system.  This
> is a frequent source of problems since the tcl scripts of one
> version of xconq seldom are completely compatible with another
> version.

Only the CVS version is installed.  Just to be safe, I removed
the install directory to ensure no stale files existed, and ran
make install again, but it did not help.

Tom