Re: emblem drawing glitches on linux

>Hi all, my first post to this list.  With so few posters here,
>how could anyone _not_ notice a first post? :-)
>
>When moving a unit, I can see emblems being drawn and erased in
>adjacent cells if at least one of those cells has not been seen
>before.  If another unit becomes active, then the emblems around
>first unit remain on the map.  There are other cases where the
>emblems remain, but I can't quite figured the pattern out.  I
>can erase the extra emblems by redrawing the map, so they are
>really just a visual nuisance.  Everything works fine otherwise.

Welcome to the list! It's always nice to get user feedback.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you describe, though. Do you mean
that you see emblems without units being drawn? That would be strange
indeed, unless you have turned on "View People" or "View Control", both of
which use emblems without units to denote borders. OTOH, if you are talking
about unit-associated emblems, they should always be drawn, whether the
unit is active or not.

A possible complication if you are using linux is that you have two
versions of xconq: an obsolete installed version and a current CVS version.
Even if you build and run the CVS version, it may still use the installed
libraries and tcl scripts if that is where XCONQLIB points on your system.
This is a frequent source of problems since the tcl scripts of one version
of xconq seldom are completely compatible with another version.