Re: Getting the Treasury to Work and Other Issues

>A couple questions for the more xconq-savvy:
>
>My units aren't transferring materials to the
>treasury, in the case of units that can store
>materials, they just keep it and in the case of units
>that cannot store materials, the materials simply
>aren't collected.  I've checked to see if this is an
>ownership issue by assigning ownership to the two
>terrain types that produce material (Farmland and
>coal) but nothing changed.

You have to specify what materials should be kept in the treasury (default
nothing):

(add cash treasury true)

 ... and also specify what units give stuff to the treasury (default no units):

(table gives-to-treasury
	(places cash true)
)

see the games that use treasuries (3rd-age, advances, ancient and civ2) for
further details.

Units that cannot store a material are unable to handle it, and cannot
therefore give it to the treasury.

Ownership does not matter. Usage does for advanced units. Only one advanced
unit can use a given cell at any time (just as in Civ).

>Also, is it possible to invest features with anything
>more than a name and location?  I'd like to assign
>some value to political areas, states or counties or
>whatever.

Nope. Features are purely decorative right now. The absence of a
state/country/province object is a major limitation of xconq. I have
considered adding it severall times, but it would take quit a lot of coding
to implement.