Re: Bug: Tank sitting in water

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 00:20, Hans Ronne wrote:
> acp-occupant-effect doesn't have to be negative. If it is zero the
> transport cannot move at all. If it is 100, the transport moves at normal
> speed. If it is 200, at double speed (see compute_acp in move.c).

I meant that I've never seen an Xconq game where an occupant reduces the
ACP of its transport.  When I said "negative effect", I just meant that
the effect would be undesirable (i.e. fewer ACP's per turn), not that it
would necessarily produce a negative number.

In the case of transports being slowed down by their occupants, I would
expect to see a chunk of code such as:

(table acp-occupant-effect (tank canoe 10))

This case might be used to simulate the effect of putting something big
on a transport that wasn't built to handle big unit s(e.g. speed is 10%
normal).  However, as far as I can tell, the only games that uses
acp-occupant-effect at all are fred.g and napoleon.g, and they use it to
_increase_ ACP per turn.

--
Lincoln Peters <peters2000@mindspring.com>