Re: Bug: Large Maps

>I remember reading about this bug, but I thought it was fixed (I remember
>it working in 7.4.1).
>
>When I try to load u-e50-1998.g all I get is orange and black on the
>screen, and lots of feature names in the bottom left corner.

This is as it should be. What happens is that you are loading something
which is not a game but just a bare module. Since your side does not have
any units and therefore cannot see anything, everything is black. If you
want to see what this bare module looks like (it's a world map with a few
independent cities) you must check "world seen". Or alternatively uncheck
"bare". In that case you will get a few units of your own to start with,
and you can as usual see their surrounding terrain.

Not every file in the lib directory is supposed to be playable. Generally,
things that start with u-, t- or ng- are not.