Re: Compiling win32 under Cygwin

>I'm now able to compile, using the correct x-includes directive!  And
>yes, it runs.  I don't have a standard cygwin install, though, and
>here's what I did to get it to work:

So what cygwin are you using instead of the standard install? b20?

>1) Checked out the latest from CVS.  I had edited the makefiles et al
>in the previously checked-out version, so I decided to make a clean
>(mostly) start of it.

>2) Tried ./configure --x-includes=< the directory of my tcl/tk 8.4.1
>install >  Configured just fine, but had to a) add tkwin32.o to my
>xconq: make instruction; b) add the same to the exec'd command in that
>instruction; c) change the TCLTK_LIB flag to point to my libs (used
>'-L/usr/local/lib -lltcl84s.a -ltk84s.a -lm).

And Stanley used:

-L/usr/local/lib -ltcl84g -ltk84g -lm

in the Makefile he posted earlier. Would just:

-L/usr/local/lib -ltcl -ltk -lm

work for both of you? We should try to keep things as general as possible.

When I ran make, I ran
>into the following:

>Anybody want to comment on what this might be?  No idea, and the cygwin
>mailing lists aren't much help, either.

Nope. But since Stanley didn't see it (using tcl8.4.1) it must be specific
to your build.

>3) Decided to fall back to my tcl/tk 8.3 install.  I had installed this
>from the ActiveState distro a little while ago, just trying to get the
>game going.  I used ./configure --x-includes=/cygdrive/d/Tcl/include as
>my configure command (after doing a make distclean to tidy things up a
>bit) and it generated ALMOST the correct makefiles.  I again had to
>change the xconq instruction to include tkwin33.o and point it to the
>correct libs.  Ran make, and it made just fine!
>
>First time I ran the game, forgot I had to include the tcl and tk dll's
>in the working path; copied them in, and it ran without trouble, too.
>Everything looks great :)

Have you tested what games you can run without the memory problem? Would be
interesting to know.