Re: orange

>> I don't know if it's Xconq or some sort of interaction with my
>> .Xresources settings.  I normally run with white on blue in slightly
>> larger fonts
>
>Didn't try it myself, but I assume you are getting white on
>LemonChiffon.  You could probably hack around it by changing the color
>settings at the start of tkconq.tcl:
>
>    set bgcolor LemonChiffon
>    set hbcolor LemonChiffon
>     etc
>
>but of course it would be better if xconq interacted with .Xresources
>colors better (by honoring them, I suppose, or failing that ignoring
>both foreground and background colors).

Or by making the foreground color for text items settable, too (default to
black). Didn't occur to me that this would be a problem since Xconq (or
rather tcltk) does not honour the system colors for me. Rather, it always
uses a dreary black on gray. Which is the main reason I added the color
code to Xconq.

But as Jim says, you can pick your own favourite colors now by a simple
hack at the start of tkconq.tcl. Ultimately, this will be settable through
the user interface. Here is how it works:

# The regular background color.
set bgcolor LemonChiffon
# The "highlight" background color.
# Fringe color around buttons and canvases on the mac.
set hbcolor LemonChiffon
# The "active" backgound color. Unused on the mac.
set abcolor LemonChiffon
# The troghcolor for scrollbars.
set tcolor LemonChiffon2
# The map background color.
set mbcolor SandyBrown
# The listbox and scrollable canvas color.
set lcolor azure
# The select color for Checkbuttons on unix.
set scolor MediumBlue

The available colors are listed in the tcltk manual.