research bugs in advances

There seems to be a few more bugs triggered by advances...

First, if I save the game and reload it from the save file,
it immediately brings up the research dialog box with the initial contents,
as if nothing had been researched yet.  (Is this another uninitialized
variable?)

Second, I have a fairly advanced game with only a handful of stuff left
to research, so I just clicked on REST and built up 1000 ideas without
the next one I needed ever being started...so I saved the game and restored
it and was able to immediately use up the 1000 points and clear out the next
5 items in the list...in other words, REST doesn't seem to work.

	Steve