Re: bug: RUN: xform_unit_view weirdness with

It's not happening to me now, thanks.  But on the subject of viewing, I
>notice
>that there are leftover images in uncovered areas that disappear upon
>redraw,
>including in some cases images missing emblems, which is implausible for
>something like a bomber.  The rule is/was supposed to be that if the display
>is all being done correctly, the redraw command should have no effect, and
>from a practical point of view it's confusing if a unit image is there
>one moment
>and gone the next, depending on whether you scrolled or something.  I don't
>remember if this problem used to exist though.

I think there has always been some problems with purging of obsolete unit
views. For example, while views of units that died or left the cell are
purged in see_cell, I'm not sure what happens to views of units that
disappeared inside a transport. I thought at first this was the reason for
the weirdness in xform_unit_view, which seems to involve occupants, and
tried to add some occupant purging code in see_cell. However, that didn't
work, so I had to fall back to the hack I just checked in.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se