Re: Up next: facility_worth?

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 20:38, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> My idea was that PLAN_IMPROVE could try to analyze the situation
> surrounding the city and weigh the different types of facilities
> accordingly (e.g. higher weight to defensive facilities if there's
> fighting within ai_tactical_range, higher weight to growth/production
> facilities otherwise).

Speaking of ai-tactical-range, I just looked at the documentation on the
website, and it defines ai-tactical-range as a global variable, but the
code clearly indicates that ai-tactical-range is a unit property.

I also noticed that plan_offensive uses a radius three times that of
ai_tactical_range, although plan_defensive uses ai_tactical_range
as-is.  The comments in the code indicate that plan_offensive is
programmed to "play it safe", but wouldn't it make more sense to split
ai-tactical-range into an offensive and a defensive tactical range?