Re: [xconq] ranged attacks

>How can I set things up so that the defender can only inflict damage on
>the attacker if they are within the defenders max range?

The theory is that the defender can grab the pike and turn it on the
attacker :-). But if you want to avoid that, just set
uu_counterattack(attacker-type, defender-type) to zero.

>Has anyone even used units that can attack at a range greater than 1?
>(Not firing...)

Not to my knowledge. On the scale most games are using, it would not make
sense.

>Second problem:  I only played through a couple times, but the AI didn't
>seem to grasp the idea of marching the shield wall forward and using the
>shielders to defend the longer ranged polearms in the back.
>Does the AI have any concept of this type of tactic?
>Adds a whole new dimension to the AI doesn't it?

Yep. As Stan commented some time ago, that AI should be at least 10 times
bigger. In fact, I'm surprised how well it plays most games. Even more so
in the case of the lobotomized AI (the iplayer) which has almost no brain.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se