Re: Problems and solutions for building Xconq

> Of course I mean linux-2.4.17!

That actually isn't the most relevant question.  Which kernel you have is
unlikely to be an xconq compatibility issue.  The issue is more likely
to be the distribution (in this case, apparently the tcl packages).
The distribution and version might be listed in /etc/issue (at least
it was on the two I tried).  We'll also want to see which relevant
packages, for example "rpm -qa | grep tcl" or "dpkg -l | grep tcl"

Having xconq build easily on a variety of systems is a Good Thing.
The flip side is that hopefully the systems will provide working
packages, so there is probably a limit to how much kludgery we want to
put into the makefiles and configure scripts.  I don't yet know which
of the two cases we are dealing with here.