Re: ...and the AI's decision-process around resignation

>> I think the best solution might be to enable the ai-may-resign setup option
>> in all games, but still leave it on by default. This way, you can always
>> play the game the way you prefer. There are some other options too, that
>> really should be enabled (but not necessarily set to true) in all games,
>> e.g. world-seen and sequential.
>
>Yes.  Maybe it is even worth coming up with a mechanism whereby we
>don't have to edit every .g file to make this true.

Heh. I did exactly that a long time ago. See "add_more_variants" in the
ChangeLog-1999 file. That piece of code enabled some common game options
for all games, whatever the game file explicitly did so or not. However,
Stan didn't like the idea, so he removed the code about a year later. He
thought we should fix the real problem (the game files) instead of using
this ugly hack. We never got around to doing that, though.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se