Re: CRT Combat Model (really long)

>One more thing: Despite the fact that I set the minimum firing range for
>everything to 2, I still see AI-controlled units that can fire firing at
>adjacent units.  It seems to me that this firing/attack problem is *not*
>part of this game module.
>
>Look at Tokyo 1962 ("tokyo.g").  When the AI takes on the role of
>Godzilla, it has the same problem that it will fire at an adjacent
>target when it could have fired from two cells away, making it more
>difficult for the enemy to strike back.

If the minimum firing range is not respected, I would agree that is a bug.
I will take a look at that. And if you can reproduce the crashes you saw
earlier, I am still interested in your stack. Any crashing bugs should be
squashed, even if they are seen only during weird conditions.

Meanwhile, if you want these firing units to work as expected, I suggest
again that you take a close look at the panzer module. All units fire from
at least10 cells away in that game. So the problem can be solved.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se