Re: I'm interested in implementing a WW2 division game

> 1a) Is there a way to implement such a CRT
>     - one side must designate attackers & defenders
>     . . .
>     - each side designates who takes the casualties

Well, see, this requires new user interface.  Of course it can be
done, but it isn't as simple as something which just changes the
combat rules themselves.

> 1b) It may be easier to simply let the users do the combat on paper,
> and then modify unit strengths.  Is there a simple way to do this?

I just played with designer mode.  Use the "place unit" to add a
unit.  Select a unit and use the motion keys (h,j,k,l,y,u,b,n) to move
it.  Select a unit and hit disband to remove the loser of a combat.  I
didn't try anything fancier than that, but it seems like it would be
worth a try.

> 2) Is there some way to predefine how units reduce in value as they
> take losses, and then how they can be rebuilt (for example: a
> 12-pointer goes to a 10, then a 6 then a 2 then it's gone; when being
> rebuilt, it would go in the reverse: 2, 6, 10, 12.

Not as sure about this.  I suppose one could define some kind of
weapon which can fire for 2 point, 4 points, &c, guaranteed, and
likewise explicit repair.  I'm not sure how automated you want it to
be (if we assume "1b" above - manual combat).

Or you might be able to have units turn into other unit types (see
buildings, burning buildings, and wrecked buildings in monster.g).

I'm also not sure I fully understand the problem, though.  Like why it
needs to be 0,2,6,10,12 rather than 0,1,2,3,4.