I'm interested in implementing a WW2 division game

But, I'm a lot more comfortable with the regular odds-based CRT.

1a) Is there a way to implement such a CRT
    - one side must designate attackers & defenders
    - the CRT specifies casualties as a % of that sides (or of the other
side's force)
    - each side designates who takes the casualties

1b) It may be easier to simply let the users do the combat on paper, and
then
    modify unit strengths.  Is there a simple way to do this?

2) Is there some way to predefine how units reduce in value as they take
losses,
    and then how they can be rebuilt (for example: a 12-pointer goes to a
10, then
    a 6 then a 2 then it's gone; when being rebuilt, it would go in the
reverse: 2, 6, 10, 12.

Thanks,
Erik