Re: Xlib location...

Here's a question I got in email (sent to the list because such things
rarely just affect one person):

    I just installed Mandrake 8.0, and I tried to compile Xconq 7.4.1.
    I'm getting the message that I need Xlib.h (and presumably a pile of
    other files).

    I've been all through the package manager

On my Red Hat 7 system:

$ rpm -qf /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h
XFree86-devel-4.0.1-1
$

So I don't know where it would be on Mandrake, but my guess is that
the package would be named something fairly similar to XFree86-devel.

Please ask if there is anything else we might be able to help with...