Re: Windows build?

> I'd like to have a couple of hundred unit types; will the game cope
> with it?

I suspect so but I'm not completely sure.  Most of the loops which I
can think of scale by the number of units, not the number of unit
types.  Certainly we have games with 60-80 unit types and they don't
seem any worse than the games with just a few.  In my very limited
experience the performance bottleneck in xconq is undefended_neighbour
(called by defensive_reaction), which gets bad when a side has a lot
of units.

> SoE is at www.jamesburnett.com/soe.htm, in case anyone wants to
> look.

Looks very cool.  I didn't actually download the instructions and
such, but based on the screenshots it seems like it might potentially
work as an xconq game.

You'd need to do some work on supply if you want it to work the same
way as in ADC, but I'm sure other games would appreciate that too.
The other things, like being able to assemble individual units into a
division, probably can be done without many (any?) changes, although I
didn't dig out the xconq manual to refresh my memory on the relevant
features.