General concepts questions

Hi again,

I'm a Civ player. Have been for a while so my only wargames experience harks
back to Civ (I & II mainly).

I'm playing a Tolkien game (don't remember which one) and I'm wondering what I
can do with settleres and mines. In Civ, you build mines close to cities and
your population automatically mines them to get whatever ressources are
needed. Settlers can do a whole bunch of things (build cities, irrigate soil,
build mines, repair stuff, etc.).

Even after reading the help menus on the various units, I'm not quite sure
what I can do with settlers and other "non-agressive" units such as spies (I'm
playing against the AI). The docs are pretty high-level so they don't provide
the kind of detail I'm looking for. Where can I find this info, other than
bugging the list every time I bump against similar issues?

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval@microcelli5.com>