Re: Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

>> You need to have a recent version of SDL installed. Either 1.1.8 (which was
>> released yesterday) or the CVS version. See http://www.libsdl.org. Also, if
>> you are running the unix version, you need to specify a game explicitly
>> when you launch the game: sdlconq -g standard.
>
>First I tried with the latest stable version (1.0.8) and sdlconq didn't even
>build, so I tried with the latest development version (1.1.8). Are the rest
>of you using cvs? The I should probably do that too, or I will get problems
>whenever you use any feature that is in cvs but not in 1.1.8.

I'm using the CVS version (which is now 1.2) but I installed 1.1.8 and
tested it with the current CVS version of sdlconq. Everything works fine.
Maybe this is a machine-related problem? I'm using Linuxppc on a Mac.

>The -g argument doesn't matter either.

That's because you crashed before you got that far. If you launch sdlconq
with an empty command line, it always crashes. This bug is still there (I
just checked).

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se