Re: A .g about the lord of the rings

>Yes, it's in CVS, as lib/lord-rings.g.  It plays reasonably well, but
>I think Hans had some work in mind for it.  If the CVS snapshots are
>still happening, then you can pick up from those, or just do the anon
>CVS checkout as explained on the appropriate web page.  You need to
>be using current code, I don't think it's compatible with 7.3.3 for
>instance.  In any case, please do try it out, let us know how well
>it works.

Here is some player advice: Don't let the initial onslaught of Mordor
intimidate you if you play Gondor (the default display side). Things may
look bleak after a few turns, but Sauron is a self-unit, so the side loses
if he is killed. The ai doesn't understand that self-units must be
protected, so there is a decent chance to get him. Your best weapon is
(surprise) the Ring, which increases the offensive powers of its bearer
10-fold. Doesn't work that way with defense, though, so you need to careful
with how you use it.

Just checked in a couple of changes. The Elves will no longer defect and
stab Gondor in the back. The Ring can now be moved between different units
(they have to be persons i.e. named individuals). Use the Embark command if
the two units are in the same cell (or Disembark to drop it in the
terrain). If the Ring is lying in the terrain, it can be captured by
whoever finds it.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se