Re: Swedis Place Name Generator

>> I've been thinking about a Viking age game where your place name generator
>> could be useful.
>
>Sure but the place name generator would be a very minor part of that
>game anyway. Do you have a file or something with the start of the
>Viking age game?

Nope. But I think one could port one of the Civ2 viking scenarios. The
advances module can easily be used as a base for Civ-like game variants.

>I have a game Idea too. The suggestion has been posted to freeciv-data
>(I didn't even know about Xconq when I made it). See the discussion
>starting here
>(http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-data-200008/msg00146.html), including
>follow-ups for details. Now I see the possibility to implement it with
>Xconq. Most likely as a prepart of "Advances Through History" (who is
>responsible for that game module?).

That's my game. The rather ambitious idea was to cover all of human
history, so please go ahead if you want to hack out a stone age module. You
would of course have to figure out a credible tree that ends with the 1st
generation advances in the current game:

;	1st generation advances (16).

	(barley a* false)
	(carpentry a* false)
	(cattle a* false)