Re: Swedis Place Name Generator

Hans Ronne wrote:

> Nice to see that somebody else in Sweden is interested in xconq.

Yea. Stan's advertising on freeciv-dev made me aware of Xconq. Seems
like that doubled the number of swedes here.

For Freeciv, I have made a swedish translation, which I still maintain.
I have also made a new river generator which is considered a huge
improvement by many people, but it is not yet included in the main
sources.

> I've been thinking about a Viking age game where your place name generator
> could be useful.

Sure but the place name generator would be a very minor part of that
game anyway. Do you have a file or something with the start of the
Viking age game?

I have a game Idea too. The suggestion has been posted to freeciv-data
(I didn't even know about Xconq when I made it). See the discussion
starting here
(http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-data-200008/msg00146.html), including
follow-ups for details. Now I see the possibility to implement it with
Xconq. Most likely as a prepart of "Advances Through History" (who is
responsible for that game module?).

Short blurb about me:
I live in Linköping and study Biotechnology. The only programming course
I have taken is 5 weeks of Ada95 (highest possible grade, which
unfortunately doesn't exactly happen to me in every course :-). My
absolute favourite commercial games in the past have been The Settlers
(original title: Die Siedler) version 3, Age of Kings and Alpha Centauri
(and older versions of thoose 3 games). Now I don't play commercial
games any more. My age is 20 years.