Improved mac xconq closeups

I have just checked in an overhauled version of the unit closeup code for
the mac. The changes are intended to make it easier to use closeups as a
tool to select and activate units. This was prompted by other changes I
made to accomodate big Civ2 type icons, that makes it difficult to use the
boxes within boxes approach to handle occupants.

The new big icon code can be activated by including the command (set
bigicons true) in a game file. You can add this command to advances.g if
you want to see how the code works, though the necessary big icons are not
on the CVS site yet.

In any case, the changes in the closeups apply to all games, also those
that do not use big icons. Here is how the new code works:

1. If you ctrl-click on a unit to open its closeup, this unit is now also
selected on the front map, and all other units are deselected. If possible,
it is also made the current unit. This eliminates som confusion caused by
the old closeups. It makes it easier to keep track of what is selected, and
also to switch the current unit quickly if you want to.

2. Each unit that has occupants now display them inside its closeup. This
is true for both advanced and simple closeups. The size of the closeup is
updated as occupants arrive or leave.

3. Most importantly, you can open a closeup for any occupant by clicking on
it. This occupant then becomes the selected unit (and also the current
unit) instead of the transport. It remains the current unit after you have
closed the closeups (if you choose to do so). This is how you can select
and activate an occupant using the new closeup code.

Please try out the code if you have a mac and report any problems to me.
Sorry, unix guys, but this is not available for you yet. Hopefully, we will
have closeups also in the tcltk version one of these days ...

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se