Re: What to do with Xconq

Hi Mad Dog,

<< One of the things I liked about TOAW was the editor, which allowed you to
 set up conditonal events.  Unfortunately the game as a whole never clicked
 for me (I should try it again with all the patches) because of such things
 as units evaporating when trying to take one step away from an enemy unit.

True it was a great and unique idea, but is was so horribly clunky to use
due that tiny dialog box, and being so poorly documented.

Yep, there are new patches, but I would guess not much has changed.
To get all the TOAW II revisions Talonsoft has that swell marketing plan
to make you buy the game several times to get all the newest features
and corrections. While they made all the previous buyers wait and then
later put partial band-aids on the previous games.

That evaporation thing was silly. Evaporation? What kind of strange term
is that? That implies a slow loss? attrition? When in the game, it is an
immediate loss of equipment and proficiency...I better shut up now since
this isn't the TOAW list. ;-)

< I really liked the W@W games a lot.  I had to stop playing them becuase the
 bugs drove me nuts (as well as some of the poor OOB work).>

Agreed

 <What did you do with hacking it ?  For several years I mapped out the
 Scneario files and came up with a new one or two after a lot of effort.>

Wow, it sounds like you had more knowledge than I did. That is what I
was trying to accomplish.

 I aslo wish Atomic would open source the code.

Me too

 <Which company are you working for ?  What OOB stuff are you doing right
 now ? >>

Unfortunately, there is a NDA so all I can do is remain vague.

<PS: when is the new interface coming out; I like it much better.>

Sounds great...I will definitely have to take another look at xconq.

Regards,

Greg Allen