Re: Game customization

>> This is exactly how I'm going about this. The independent side is being run
>> by the mplayer, with some modifications that lobotomizes it. No high level
>> planning, just knee-jerk reactions. If you give it full AI powers it
>>will just
>> wipe out everybody else in a few turns, at least in those games where most
>> units start out as independent.
>ehhhmmm what about adding an mplayer for each indepent city??

This would of course make the independents truly independent. They would even
fight each other, which is not possible now. However, I strongly suspect that
running more than 100 AI sides would bring xconq to its knees, particularly
during network games. Right now, the upper limit on the number of sides is 32,
I believe.

>> the Roman Civil War. After a few turns it's more like Rome 400 A.D.
>>Hordes of
>> barbarian units swarm across the borders of the empire. Ceasar and Pompejus
>> have to stop fighting each other and instead face this new threat. A lot
>> more fun
>> (in my opinion) but hardly the scenario Massimo was trying to set up.
>yep but the hordes were not coordinated (thus assigning to each independend an
>own mplayer...) further what about a functionality of migration-perssure?
>when lots of units appear on one frontier na indpendent tryes to move its
>citie(s) and units to parts that arn't crowded?

This was with a fully enabled mplayer running the independent side, and the
barbarian invasion was pretty overwhelming (just as in real history). My
expectation is that a lobotomized mplayer will produce behaviour similar to
that of the barbarians in Civ - units would about semi-randomly and attack
anything in their immediate neighbourhood.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@2.sbbs.se