Re: Xconq module redesign, which games work? damage dice specs,tanker refueling

>  I also am wondering about the best way to handle refueling using a tanker
>or tanker plane.  Since under default settings the fuel seems to stay in the
>tanker- and this is very bad for the refueling plane.  For now I redesigned
>the tanker to be able to contain a plane which can then "take" the fuel.
>This seems a little too complicated.  I suppose giving the tanker a fuel
>in-length of -1 might help.

A related problem is that a unit which is sitting in a transport inside
another
unit (i.e. a base or a city) is unable to resupply either from the city's or
from the transport's supply. The transport will therefore sit forever in
the city waiting for its occupant to complete its futile resupply task. I have
seen this happen both with bombers carrying infantry in the standard game
and with fleets carrying troops in the ww2 games. I am looking into possible
fixes. One fix that works is to force units that get a resupply task to leave
their transport if inside another transport, but it would of course be better
to make the resupply code itself work as expected for units inside other
units.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@2.sbbs.se