Re: UnixWare 7 build notes

Hi Stan,

I've playtested the game some more, and have a few more comments...

1. Sometimes you can't move units into other units (particularly if both
units are in the same city.  The workaround is to move one unit out of
the city.

2. When choosing a unit type for a city to produce: apparently if you
select a type that a certain city can't create, you get no feedback (ie
the game just sits there waiting for you to pick a valid type)?  It
would be good if some sort of notice was generated.

3. I have played several games an found the tcl/tk interface to be very
stable and greatly improved over the X11 interface.

4. It seems there is an unnecessary screen refresh if you go into
inspection mode, select a unit, and press 'm' to move it somewhere.

5. How do you get units with arrows to use them (other than archers, who
only have arrows)?  I'm thinking of the roman game here.  Can arrows be
fired into non-adjacent cells?

In general, how do you fire ranged weapons?  How do you use a nuclear
bomb in the post-modern game?

On 07/16/99, Stan Shebs wrote:
>    7. The makefiles depend on  GNU make extensions.  This should be noted
>    if it isn't already.
>
> Really?  What extensions?

Not sure exactly - I just know that my system make dies when it tries to
run the makefile.

>    2. Pressing q for quit doesn't quit the game - that's a bit
>    inconsistent.
>
> The original theory was that one might type 'q' by accident, but not 'Q'.
> Probably doesn't matter, because you always get queried anyway.

Also, choosing 's' to save the game exits, which is not intuitive.

Thanks,
Phil.

--
Phil Hollenback