Re: New standard game?

   Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:16:06 +0200
   From: Hans Ronne <hronne@2.sbbs.se>

   Actually, there is one module I miss, which I think should be on the
   standard list, and that is the old Introductory Game. I think it was an
   ideal introduction to xconq since it was very simple yet fully playable. In
   fact, simple is sometimes beautiful, and I used to play it a lot also
   later. The new intro game with its fixed scenario is something you only
   play once. Not quite the same thing. I would suggest putting the old Intro
   game back, with the fixed scenario as one specific case. Perhaps one could
   call the latter "Tutorial Example" or something.

The old intro game only had a fixed scenario - did you modify it to
allow random games or something?  I'm confused...

The reason I whacked it as an intro game is that it would cause new
players to learn rules and behaviors that were incorrect for the
standard game, for instance the stacking rules.  The thing that really
got me thinking about that was the documentation issue - do you write
a whole howto based on the intro, then another one for the standard?

Anyway, I would be OK with including it in the library.  Now that you
have your CVS access working, you can add it yourself, under some
suitable name...