Re: How to find your .tcl files in xconq.

   Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:27:29 +0100 (CET)
   From: Bruno Boettcher <bboett@erm1.u-strasbg.fr>

   > Note that if you already have TclTk 8.0 installed you don't need to do
   > this, however you do need to set your XCONQLIB to your <xconq-dir>/lib.
   > In my case this means
   had only to do 2 modifications: in the Makefile for cconq had to decomment
   -ltermlib and enhance -lcurses to -lncurses (is there any damn configure switch
   to regulate this?)

There's an autoconf thing for this I'm sure, but cconq is wasting my time
right now, I turned off building it by default.

   further in the tk Makefile had to change -ltk etc. to -ltk8.0
   then all compiled well...

Hmmm, that would be a good autoconf test to add...

   still lots slower than x11.

Slower in what way?  Redraw, response to mouse clicks, AI movement?
I've started building with profiling on, to try to narrow down the
causes of slowness.  There are some new features, such as the always
updating explanation of what the mouse is over, and the squiggly
roads, those kinds of things chew extra cycles.

   scrolling the map while moving a unit is buggy: the map isn't displayed
   correctly, the borders are copyed multiple time instead.

I fixed all this yesterday (I hope!).

   the zoom function is hidden under cryptic buttons (couldn't the keyshortcut be
   put into boubble help windows?)

On my list.

   then somewhere in the middle of a game the whole thing crashed:
   rsw is already 638
   Fatal error encountered. Signal 11 code 0
   Aborted

Do you still have the core dump around?  I observed and fixed about three
core dumps in the past week...

   so long, in genereal appearance, its better than the x11 interface, some more
   graphic art should be done on the units and the terrain types.... (i am a very
   lousy graphic artist....)

I've been playing around with some photographic images for terrain, they'll
certainly give it a new and different appearance!  But I want to add a gif
reader, the data for these images is much more complicated than for
anything already in the library.

BTW, if anybody's read this far :-), I've now changed "xconq" to be the
tcl version, with "xtconq" left as the old x11/xt interface, and made it
all install correctly...