Re: unimplemented commands in X11 xconq

Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> writes:

>    No material production means that you can't get petrol in "empire", if
>    I'm not mistaken, and therefore the game is not playable.
>
> The produce command is for explicit production actions, which are
> actually not needed in empire, since each unit type has only a single
> product.  In fact, there are no games that need production actions,
> they're something I defined because it seemed useful, but there are
> no games that use it (the story of Xconq - I should just whack the
> unused stuff...)

In empire.g, refinery has both acp-to-produce and base-production for
oil, so you can get some oil and the game is playable.  But I can't
convince refineries to produce oil using their acp's, even if it's the
only thing they can do.

Anyway, an explicit production command seems useful... please don't
drop it, it will be used someday.  I can imagine units which can
produce different resources, but must choose one; or must choose
between production and construction, movement...

	Massimo