Re: Some proposals to implement *sieges*

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Keir Novik wrote:

> > what about morale reduction over time? modulated by the size of the city
> > perhaps? thus the longer a siege lasts, the higher the chance of surrender?
>
> I still like the idea of involving materials.  What if supply could only
yep, i wasn't infirming that one, it was thought for material-less games
principally...

> move through neutral or controlled hexes?  Then a siege could be declared
> by cutting enemy supply lines.
then you have to control all hexes around a place... but then natural
protections should be taken into consideration such as water, sharp
denivelation etc.....

BTW do units standing on top of a hill get advantage over those attacking
from the foot of that hill?

and what about the from me so beloved building of roads ? ;)

ciao
bboett
acount at erm1 dot u-strasbg dot fr or acount at earthling net
http://erm6.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
Unsolicited commercial email is NOT welcome at this email address
To contact me replace acount by bboett in above addresses