Re: Some proposals to implement *sieges*

Bruno Boettcher <bboett@yoda.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> > One practical problem is that
> > currently the unit would be able to build 1 segment of road each turn;
> > there is no notion of a not-yet-completed road.  The closest you could
> > get was to allow negative acp, which I consider too complicated to be
> > desirable for the standard game.
> that's true, but what about variable duration depending on the terrain type?

It can be done, but it's complicated and would totally confuse the AI:
have infantry build a "construction yard" unit; let the yard produce
some kind of material (let's say "asphalt") which is needed to build
the road (material-to-add-terrain); then let the construction yard
build the road; asphalt can't be moved around (out-length is always
-1).  Maybe in an "advanced standard game"? ;-)

> > So if everybody agrees that allowing infantry to build road, at a rate
> > of 1 segment/turn, is OK and won't unbalance the game, then I'm
> > willing to make the change.
> Yeah please, my vote granted ;D

Nay, I think that building roads in 1 turn would unbalance the game.

	Massimo